This page is for the species, Luma. Click here for the character Luma.
Lumas are a species in the Super Mario Galaxy series. They are star shaped floating creatures and reside on the Comet Observatory, Starship Mario and among countless planets. They see Rosalina as their mother, as they call her "Mama", and rely on Star Bits as food.
Types of Lumas Edit
- Yellow Lumas- by far the most common color of Luma. They can transform into launch stars and sling stars.
- Blue Lumas- the second most common Luma color. They can transform into pull stars.
- Apricot Luma- a unique Luma. It is the Luma that accompanies Mario in his journeys in the Mario Galaxy series. It is also nicknamed the 'Young master Luma"
- Green Lumas- Lumas that are accompanied with the Trial Galaxies.
- Hungry Lumas- pink Lumas that, when fed a certain amount of Star Bits, will transform into a planet or pink launch star.
- Lumalees- blue Lumas that will allow Mario (or Luigi) to choose between a Life Mushroom or a 1-Up Mushroom for a cost of star bits. They also operate the casino like area on Starship Mario.
- Red Lumas- only appear in Super Mario Galaxy. They give Mario the Red Star which allows him to fly.
- Lubba- a purple Luma that appears in Super Mario Galaxy 2. He is the owner of Starship Mario
- Polari- a dark brown Luma that acts as a guide in Super Mario Galaxy. His main role is to inform Mario about the Comet Observatory.
- The co-star luma- an orange Luma that acts as player 2. Another orange Luma can be found on Starship Mario in Super Mario Galaxy 2.
- Giant Luma- A single giant Luma that appears in Supermassive Galaxy.
- Lumacomète- A luma similar to Hungry Lumas as to feed Lumacomète star bits to change comet locations.